Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

#101 Visit County Kerry in Ireland

My lifelong dream of visiting County Kerry in Ireland finally came true in August of 2013. Zach and I decided to throw caution to the wind and travel to Europe. We agreed on Ireland, because it is an English speaking country and we'd heard wonderful things about traveling there. Most importantly we'd heard County Kerry is one of the most beautiful places in the world. The itinerary I planned took us to Dublin, Galway City, Limerick, and finally to Killarney in County Kerry. 

We crossed the border into County Kerry on August 21st, 2013. We started of the day in Tralee, the county town (similar to capital), and went to the County Kerry Museum. Then, we drove out along the Dingle Peninsula stopping in Dingle and Inch Beach. We eventually made it to Killarney. 


The next day, August 22nd, we drove the Ring of Kerry. I am so grateful on the one day we had to take this magnificent drive the weather was perfect.


August 23rd we took a jaunting car tour of the Gap of Dunloe. 


Without this beautiful county being my namesake I may never have been drawn to it. I can honestly say it is the most beautiful place on Earth that I have seen so far. How kind of my parents to name me after such a place.  

"May the dreams you hold dearest be the ones that come true. And the kindness you spread keep returning to you." - Irish Saying

No comments:

Post a Comment