Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

#12 See the Rookery Building and #7 City Target

Two days before my birthday I made one final push to complete some of the things on my 32 Before 32 List. One thing I'd been meaning to do for a long time was see The Rookery Building. Fun Facts: Designed by Burnham and Root, lobby remodeled by Frank Lloyd Wright.  








Below is the Burnham Library where the World's Colombian Exposition of 1893 was planned. Very exciting if you've read The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. 


Also, on my list was to go to City Target on State Street. The building it's housed in is the former Carson Pirie Scott & Co. building designed by architect Louis Sullivan.  


"The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes." - Frank Lloyd Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment