Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

#27 Meet with an Adoption Lawyer and #14 Thursday Evening Farmer's Market in Lincoln Square

Last Thursday I took part of a personal day and Zach took a half a day to go to our appointment with the adoption lawyer. Zach even wrote out a list of questions. Unfortunately, when we got there the lawyer said to us, "I should have called you before you came in. I only do step children adoptions." 

Such a let down after it was so scary to take this first step in the first place. Knowing me, I am surprised I'm not taking this as a sign that we should rethink this whole thing. No, it's just a set back. Who knows, she gave us contact information for another lawyer and maybe we needed to take this misstep to get turned in the right direction. 

Anyway, we had a whole evening planned with going to the farmer's market and then out to dinner to talk about all the information we learned from the lawyer. We didn't want the bad meeting to ruin our evening, so we went to the farmer's market anyway and I was able to check two things off my 32 Before 32 List in one day.

All we bought at the farmer's market was a tiiiny pumpkin and a very fresh looking green pepper. 


Then we walked to Wild Goose and enjoyed $3.5o appetizers. We didn't talk about anything special, but it was still an enjoyable night out. 

"Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge." - Eckhart Tolle 

No comments:

Post a Comment