Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

#44 Go on the Chicago Architectural Cruise

When my parents were here over the weekend they took Zach and I on the Chicago Architectural Cruise. It was definitely as good as everyone says it is.

I will now look at the city with much more admiration and understanding. Before I thought there were only about five outstanding buildings and the rest were pretty plain, but if I’d looked up I would’ve seen how wrong I was. Even the “box” buildings are rich in history. I highly recommend the cruise for any Chicagoan who hasn't had the chance to go on it yet.

It was just a beautiful day on the Chicago River. Notice in the pictures how there isn’t a cloud in the sky.







"My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here." - Oprah Winfrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment