Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

#9 Join a Book Club

Last night was our first book club meeting and hopefully there will be many more.

A couple of months ago Kirstin had this great idea to start a book club, which just so happened to be on my life list so of course I said YES. I asked Meg and Cherie to join too.This time only Meg came, but Cherie will be there next time, right Cher?

We met at Kirstin’s and she’d prepared a delicious spread.



Our first book was The Help by Kathryn Stockett, which I loved and can’t wait to see the movie in August. If you haven’t read it I highly recommend it, but don’t watch the movie trailer because it gives too much away.

It was so fun to meet new people and have such a meaningful conversation with intelligent women

“Wasn’t that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I’d thought.” - Kathryn Stockett, The Help

No comments:

Post a Comment